- Chew sugar-free gum that has Xylitol after you drink or eat something sugary. This will help protect your gums and teeth.
- Wait an hour after you eat to brush your teeth. It will be easier for you to brush away tiny particles because the enamel will be softened.
- Eat a varied diet that is high in fresh vegetables, fruits, vitamins and minerals. This will help prevent gum disease.
- After a meal eat a cube of cheese, this will help prevent acid from damaging your teeth.
- Avoid snacking between meals. If you choose to consume sugary beverages and foods, then you should do so during meal time. This will help reduce the amount of time that acid attacks your teeth.
Reitano Dentistry is an experienced, friendly dentistry offering a wide selection of general and cosmetic dental services in Virginia Beach and Chesapeake, VA.
6062 Indian River Road